Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Not My Will

The past couple of days I've been thinking a lot about what it means to surrender my will. I blogged about it on Monday, and the Lord keeps hitting me with reminders and encouragement.  A friend posted the following quote last night: ‎"What if your blessings come through raindrops; what is your healing comes through tears; what is a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know you're near?" I loved the quote and later found out that they were lyrics. More than the quote though I loved her comment: "I've had a hard time praying for things I want since everything happened with Maddox. Because I truly learned that my will is not always His will. He's taught me to pray ultimately for His will above all else because it is the best in every situation." Her words tore at my heart and my faith. You see Maddox is her dear, sweet son who passed away after spending a week on this earth. For her to be able to say those words truly challenges me. Can I trust God's will above everything else; over every expectation, hope, dream? What about when the outcome completely leaves me feeling crushed? It sounds like I'm being a complete downer, but really I'm encouraged by the truth and the promises that God will not leave us or forsake us.


No comments:

Post a Comment