Sunday, June 19, 2011

Milestones: Graduation, pt.1

What a weekend! My girl did it... she graduated. It's unbelievable how quickly she went from this:


to this:
You momma's to little ones, you'll hear all the time that it goes by so quickly. You'll not your head in acknowledgement, and quietly you'll think you'll grab every minute and it will be different for you. That's what I thought. But time like so many other things sneaks up on you.

We are so proud of our girl. She is such an incredible woman. She loves the Lord. She loves her family. She loves her friends.

She is funny. She is compassionate. She is artistic. She loves to laugh. Loudly. She loves music (and her iPod.) She is an incredible teacher. She has incredible patience.


She makes me smile. She makes me laugh. She has a sense of humor that takes it's time. She may not crack jokes left and right, but when she does... baby, prepare yourself, it's gonna be a good one.

Where will she go from here? Who knows?! The future is bright, and most importantly she's seeking the Lord for His direction.

I shared on Facebook that 18 years ago next month a 17 year old girl knelt before an altar and made an ultimatum to God. You see after making an appointment for an abortion, this girl's dad left a simple Post It note on Psalm 127:14-17 and wrote three little words that would change my life, and my daughter's life: "think about it." Kneeling before that altar, I told God that I would keep this baby but that He would have to provide. He has never let us down. When I have been faithless, He has been faithful. She has always been surrounded by people who love God, and point her to Him.


Kahli, we are so proud of you and love you so much. And to us... baby you are the world!



No comments:

Post a Comment