Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Thoughts on Financing Our Adoption

Just a few words on funding our adoption. We completely know that the Lord has called us to this, and that He will provide for it in incredible ways. We also know that part of our obedience in following Him is going to be financial sacrifices and choices. As soon as our home study is completed we will begin applying for grants, and will most likely end up having to take out a loan to finish financing our adoption. Adopting is a financial commitment, but so isn't buying a new car or going on a family vacation. For us though, right now, this is the priority the commitment we are choosing to embrace. We do feel though that it is good to try and raise funds for this adoption for two different reasons. First, the cost of adopting is HUGE and we don't have the money to commit to this; secondly, we want to provide others opportunities to be part of our adoption. We know that many of you are supporting us through prayers and we are most grateful for that! However, some of you may feel led or just desire to help us financially, and for that we are also appreciative.

A couple ideas we have right now are a yard sale sometime in May, if you're interested in donating (please be considerate in the things you donate, as tactfully as I can say it we don't want junk that you know no one in there right mind is going to buy, lol... no empty cool whip containers.) Also, we are considering selling adoption themed clothing/merchandise that we will receive a generous portion from the profits. You can see some of the options we may offer at My Crazy Adoption. Also, many of you know I am a Pampered Chef consultant (according to company policy I can't link to my site, but if you are interested, let me know) and all money I make from my business goes straight to adoption costs. I actually am thinking about doing a fundraiser show sometime this summer for anyone interested. Lastly, one other thing I will through out there is that I love, love, love to cook, and if you are interested in having me bake something special, or prepare a meal for you and your family, let me know and we could definitely come up with some ideas.

So, we won't be BEGGING for money, but I did want to throw these things out there and once again ask that my brothers and sisters in Christ be praying for us during this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment