Saturday, February 12, 2011

Our New Journey

For eleven years I hoped to share two little words with those I love, and finally I get to:
We're pregnant! 

Paper pregnant that is... we have officially begun the adoption process. I've always thought that adoption was an incredible thing. I watched friends and other blogger's journey through adoption, but I've just never felt as though it is what the Lord has called us too. We have wanted to have more children since April 2000, two weeks after Dane had his vasectomy. I've shed so many tears, and prayed so many prayers. In December of 2008 we took the step of having a vasectomy reversal done. My hope was truly renewed and I truly thought that I would be pregnant within months. However, that was not what God had planned for us. 
At the turn of the year I shared a note on Facebook looking toward the coming year. I wrote the following: 
There are things we pray for and hope for this year, mainly another baby, but we know as always, God has His plans, and we will rest in that. 
Little did I know that the next day adoption would enter our lives. I won't go into the details of that story right now, but I will soon. When we moved to our current area  I blogged much of that journey and am encouraged looking back and all the Lord did to confirm and encourage us in His will. I want the same thing for this journey. I know there will be ups and downs, but I know that God is in control:

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
      And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.
      When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned,
      Nor shall the flame scorch you. Isaiah 43:2


2 comments:

  1. Hollaaa! Yay, congratulations, so excited for you guys...God is so good! Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie... we are so excited both for the end result but for the journey to see how God is going to work in our lives and the lives of others. --Jess

    ReplyDelete